Thursday, September 23, 2010

Take No Prisoners Cleaning Day

Teaching at a Jewish School rocks!  My kids have school today, I have off because of Sukkot.  Yes, that's right, I have the house to myself ALL day!  This is unheard of in my life, so I have to take full advantage of it.

Here's my plan, which I am writing to keep myself accountable and focused:
  1. Dishes (The garbage disposal is not working right now, and since apparently the dishwasher is hooked up to the disposal in some way, I have to hand wash all the dishes.  Never really noticed how many dishes a family of five made until now!) Woohoo - all done!  After gathering up all the dishes from around the house, it took me a total of 12 minutes to wash them all.  It sure SEEMED like it would take a lot longer.
  2. Laundry - Fourth load folded and put away, another load in the dryer and the washer, all laundry in the house sorted.
  3. Boys' clothes - Taking a garbage bag up to their room and pulling out everything that is not their size anymore, then trying to reorganize the rest of their clothes.  Filled up second garbage bag and sorted through three large rubbermaid containers of hand-me-down clothes!
  4. Updated to add: Scrubbed a bunch of sweet potatoes I received from my CSA and put them in the oven to bake.  Yes, I actually added this item just so I could cross it out.  Deal with it!
  5. Updated to add: Discovered the dishwasher that we haven't been able to use all week had dishes and standing, disgusting water in it.  YUCK!  Cleaned out all the water.
  6. J's clothes - Same thing as with the boys' clothes.
  7. Pantry/Food cabinets - reorganize!
I have plenty more that I want to do, but I'm going to try to simply (?) focus on the above five items and see how it goes.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments, but please be nice!