Monday, May 24, 2010

Menu Planning

Menu planning is key to making sure I don't go crazy. Tonight I didn't plan ahead, but at least last time I was at the store I stocked up on some last minute meals the kids like, so we had frozen ravioli with sauce. I have the chance to run to the grocery store alone while J (my daughter) is at her dance class and A and B (my sons) are home with my DH. I am going to try to make my menu plan based on what we already have at home, as much as possible. Here's the plan for the rest of the week:



For my lunches this week: Quinoa Vegetable Salad

* I bought all the ingredients for this last week, so do not have to buy anything new.

Tuesday: Peanut Butter Vegetable Chicken Soup

I never made this before, but it got lots of stars on Allrecipe and it sounds REALLY good. For my children who are not as adventurous as I am, I will serve them some of the already cooked chicken and some of the cooked veggies and potatoes that will also be in the soup. Our rule for new food is they have to at least try it. I refuse to make an alternative meal for them, but have no problem separating the basic parts of any soup/casserole for them as long as they try it in its original form.

* Already have every ingredient!

Wednesday: Tuna Casserole

I have tuna, I have mac and cheese, I have peas, put it together: Yum!

Thursday: Sour Cream Chicken Quiche

Can you tell I have some cooked chicken to use up? This is another one I have never tried before, but not only does it sound so good, I have all the ingredients for this, too!

Friday: Shabbat dinner at my parents

Every Friday night we get together at my parents' house (they live about ten minutes away): my family (5), my sister and her family (4 + any of the many extended family members from my BIL's family that might be staying at her house at any given time), and my parents (2 + up to three foreign college students that they host) - just a nice, quiet, cozy dinner.

Saturday: Mish Mash

Otherwise known as "Eat all the leftovers in the fridge."

Sunday: I've going out to dinner with my mom and sister; DH and the kids can fend for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how the peanut butter soup works out! I'm a big fan of soups but often shy away from soups that are out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sour Cream Chicken Quiche recipe sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments, but please be nice!