Sunday, May 30, 2010

Diet Plan

Here's the new plan:
  • 2 protein
  • 2 dairy
  • 2 carbs
  • 2 fruits
  • 3 or more vegetables
So what's that going to mean for me?
  • Breakfast - Bowl of cereal with milk (carb and dairy)
  • Mid-Morning Snack - Piece of fruit (fruit)
  • Lunch - Large salad (2 vegetables) with some kind of protein like tuna or chicken (protein)
  • Mid-Afternoon Snack - Some other kind of fruit (fruit)
  • Dinner - Hot vegetable or two (vegetable) with whatever protein I make for the family (protein)
  • Evening snack - Bowl of cereal with milk (carb and dairy)
I'm addicted to my carbs, especially cereal, so maybe planning things out this way will help, knowing I would still get my bowl of cereal, will help me avoid all other carbs.  I think I'm still going to allow myself my one can of Coke a day as a splurge.

Tomorrow I'm going to a BBQ.  As far as I can tell, everything would still stay the same except for dinner.  I could cut up a hamburger as my protein and bring some kind of veggie side dish/appetizer to make sure I stay on track.

Alright, sounds like I've got a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, but please be nice!